With our commitment to children, families, and community, Reading Montessori School provides a joyful and respectful learning environment. By following the needs of each individual child, we create a positive setting that promotes hands-on learning, encourages independence, emphasizes inclusivity, and values peace education. The timeless principles and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori are the foundation of our classroom environment.
At Reading Montessori, we have made a commitment to:
- Nurturing early childhood development and learning and the whole child (academic, social, emotional, physical)
- Remaining current in research on early childhood and brain development.
- Fostering a life-long love of learning and a joyful learning environment
- Building respectful and trusting relationships with children, families, and colleagues
- Appreciating and supporting the bond between child and family
- Structuring experiential hands-on, multi-age learning environments in which children are active participants in their learning
- Promoting peace and character education, kindness, inclusivity, service to others
- Living the philosophy of Maria Montessori as a foundation
- Respecting and caring for the environment
- Promoting a global outlook of our world and the interconnectivity of all life
Our core values are adopted from the National Association for the Education of Young Children as well as values held by the American Montessori Society. 3.5.19
Reading Montessori hires experienced lead teachers who are certified by the American Montessori Society (AMS.)
Lead teachers are EEC certified and participate in ongoing professional development. Lead teachers hold, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
Assistant teachers participate in Montessori Assistant training, are EEC certified, and participate in ongoing professional development. All staff maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.